U.S.A. - California (Placement 1)
Info: This Surf Internship is with the world's biggest non-profit Surf Association, the International Surfing Association and is understandably our most popular placement. Working from their HQ in La Jolla you will be in charge of coordinating and carrying out administrative operations and providing assistance to the Headquarters staff. This Surf Internship is ideal for university/college students looking to earn credit for their course or for those serious about working in the Surf Industry.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the daily operations and procedures of the Surf Association's HQ office.
- This will include communication management, database management, filing systems and other related day to day activities to ensure timely, complete and efficient workflow.
- Assist with monitoring, organizing, and translating documents for the Surf Association's Scholarship Program.
- Assist with the media management of video and print materials of the Surf Association, as well as marketing efforts on social network systems.
Average work hours: Up to 6 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Genuine interest in the administrative, international business, sports and/or events management fields.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe.
- Strong attention to detail and solid organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Must be self motivated, able to multi-task, manage priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Able to speak, read and write in Spanish (as much of their correspondence and documents are in Spanish).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with ability to effectively communicate with a variety of cultures and/or persons.
Languages: Fluent English is essential and intermediate-advanced Spanish is preferred
Length of Surf Internship: 4 months (minimum) - 5 months (maximum)
Maximum Number of Surf Interns at any one time: 2
Pay & Accommodation: Since the Surf Association in a non-profit organisation they are unable to help with pay, accommodation or food.
Other Perks: Free surf trips.
Living Expenses: $15-25 a day.
Accommodation Expenses: Cheapest options are from around $500 a month - staying near La Jolla (Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, etc)
Availability: Available NOW. All year round.