Peru - Lima (Placement 1) Latin American Surf Association
Info: Working alongside the vice-president of the Latin American Surf Association you'll be involved on a vast range of amazing projects. In the past our Surf Interns have been involved in organising international surf competitions in Peru and across the Latin American continent, running a surf camp in Punta Hermosa, helping teach at a local surf school in Lima and working at a man-made wave park in Asia (a resort south of Lima).
Due to the incredible diversity of projects that the vice-president of the Latin American Surf Association is involved in - it is impossible to provide a generic job description - and we wouldn't want to limit the role by creating one. The important thing to know is that we have always had overwhelmingly positive feedback on this Surf Internship, with many of our previous Surf Interns returning to Peru afterwards to continue working in the surf industry there.
As mentioned above these are some of the previous roles that our Surf Interns have worked on:
- Helping organise international surf competitions in Peru and Latin America
- Organisation and management of accommodation for all visiting teams for Peru's international surf competitions
- Assisting with the management of a surf camp in Punta Hermosa
- Helping teach surf lessons at a surf school in Lima
- Working at a man-made wave machine in Asia (resort south of Lima)
Average Working Hours: Incredibly varied - some weeks will be fairly relaxed - whilst you'll be working round the clock during the surf competitions.
- Hard-working - willing to work long hours when required
- Intermediate Spanish
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Intermediate surfer (some experience of teaching would be beneficial)
- Outgoing personality
- Comfortable working on your own
Accommodation: Can sometimes be provided - depending on location of work
Pay: In the past all of our interns have been paid for their work, but this is not guaranteed and completely depends on what projects and events you will be working on.
Other perks: Surf trips with some of the best surfers on the planet. Unrivalled access to the most influential professionals in the Latin American surf industry.
Availability: COMING BACK SOON